So first thing, I had no idea that we were supposed to post articles on our blog weekly, so I have practically missed the whole of first semester :(. I will try a super crash course and write up as much as I can.
As you all know we have a test on Wednesday, our first test. I had hoped that more past tests would have been posted but sadly we have very few to work with. Honestly, I'm terrified for this test because I can write code on my computer and run through the errors and debug it, but I'm not very keen on the idea of writing code on paper. Even though it does help us become more accurate, I feel after this course I will never actually have to write code on paper when I have me beautiful laptop to write it on. On a brighter note, to study for the test I went over all the slides, and tried my best to re- attempt all the labs (which was quite time consuming, but helpful) and tomorrow I will go over the past tests. I'm also pretty happy about the cheat sheet though I have no idea what to put on mine. Anyone have any ideas, or would like to share what they put on their sheet?
Before the break, we went over trees. The idea is similar to linked lists (so I was told by an engineer). It is interesting because the root is at the top of the tree and the leaves at the bottom ie it grows downward. The terminology we reviewed was pretty simple to understand; root - the top of the tree, node, path, length, arity - max number of leaves, leaves- nodes that have no children. The easiet way to traverse a tree is recursively, (I read that somewhere). They are two ways to traverse a tree: post-order and in-order. We went over the code, (though it didn't stick to me, I should go over it again).
No comments:
Post a Comment